Do you sit at a desk all day? Are you captive to a chair? Do you struggle with quality issues? Then this workout is for you! This short and simple workout will elevate your heart rate to burn calories and fat in just minutes. Squats are one of the best lower body exercises you can do. One cause is that squats are multi-joint exercises which aim all the muscles of the hips, gluts and thighs. This adaptation, which requires no weights or equipment (other than a chair) is great for initiates, for anyone with human knee troubles or for those who are overweight and need a bit more support. It’s also great for anyone absent to add more practicality into their lives because it mimickers the crusades we do each time we sit down or stand up.
1. Place a chair just behind you and stand in front of it with feet about hip- or shoulder-width apart.
2. Contract the abs and keep them blitzed as you bend the knees and slowly squat toward the chair.
3. Keep the knees backside the toes as you sit down on the chair for just a few seconds.
4. Contract the gluts and hamstrings to lift up out of the chair and begin carrying the legs.
5. Fully extend the legs until you’re back to standing position.
6. Repeat this for 1-3 sets of 10-16 repeating.
7. To progress, squat down until you’re just brooding over the chair, but not sitting all the way down.
8. Always keep the knees in line with the toenails